At MOL Logistics UK we know how valuable certain fabrics are and how important it is to ship them correctly. In light of the recent, most prominent fashion weeks, we feel the need to share some tips on how to ship garments and textiles correctly.
What is high fashion?
We all know what fashion means: Popular or the latest style of clothes, hair or even life style. High fashion, however, is more exclusive.
It is considered high fashion because of the creation of luxurious clothes, made from exceptionally high-quality materials, designed and sewn by experts for a high-end public. This explains why shipping garments and textiles, particularly haute couture pieces, requires expertise and special care.
Shipping valuable fabrics: Our insight
Transporting textiles and clothing in containers or vehicles suitable for high humidity is essential.
In general, the textile industry relies on four major modes of transportation:
- Air, the fastest option but not always the cheapest;
- Sea, when shipping oversea;
- Rail, often used to move hanging garments;
- Road, often the most affordable alternative.
In addition to this, it is worth mentioning that there two different types of shipping methods. The flat pack method is the most popular in the fashion industry: the clothes are folded by the supplier and packed into boxes. Most major high-end fashion brands however, would prefer to ship the garments on hangers, avoiding additional costs (such as ironing and steaming them before displaying them for sale) and preserving their condition.
What MOL Logistics UK can offer
- Multimodal Logistics solutions – Domestic, European and Rest of world
- Export and Import customs clearances
- KPI monitoring and tracking
- Tailor made options to suit your business requirements
- Storage and Warehouse handling
For further information, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.